SAN DIEGO – On Sept. 5, the U.S. Navy released the names of the five Helicopter Sea Combat Squadron (HSC) 8 crew members who died, Aug. 31, when their helicopter crashed into the sea.
Names of the deceased are:
- Lt. Bradley A. Foster, 29, a pilot from Oakhurst, California
- Lt. Paul R. Fridley, 28, a pilot from Annandale, Virginia
- Naval Air Crewman (Helicopter) 2nd Class James P. Buriak, 31, from Salem, Virginia
- Hospital Corpsman 2nd Class Sarah F. Burns, 31, from Severna Park, Maryland
- Hospital Corpsman 3rd Class Bailey J. Tucker, 21, from St. Louis, Missouri
Assigned to Helicopter Sea Combat Squadron (HSC) 8, the helicopter was conducting routine flight operations from USS Abraham Lincoln (CVN 72) when it crashed into the sea approximately 60 nautical miles off the coast of San Diego at 4:30 p.m. (PST), Aug. 31.
An investigation into the incident is underway.
JUST IN: The U.S. Navy has declared the five missing crew members of this week’s MH-60S helicopter crash in the Pacific deceased. pic.twitter.com/RQMHr5YUPSAdvertisement
— Breaking911 (@Breaking911) September 4, 2021