WASHINGTON — Enforcement and Removal Operations officers apprehended 138 unlawfully present noncitizens convicted of sex offenses, including those with an executable final order of removal, during a nationwide enforcement effort from Oct. 22 through Nov. 4.
“Crimes of sexual violence are among the most underreported in the United States — anyone can be a victim of this type of abuse, and our officers are dedicated to locating and apprehending known noncitizen offenders as part of their public safety mission,” said ERO Executive Associate Director Corey A. Price. “ERO will continue efforts such as these to remove unlawfully present individuals who have committed crimes against the innocent so they cannot continue to harm vulnerable populations within our communities.”
This enforcement operation was implemented to address unlawfully present noncitizens convicted of sex offenses. Cases amenable to federal criminal prosecution may be presented to the appropriate U.S. attorney’s office.
Among those arrested:
- A 65-year-old citizen of Mexico in La Puente, California, convicted by the Superior Court in Pomona of continuous sexual abuse of a child in March 2022
- A 61-year-old citizen of Mexico in Richland, Washington, convicted by the Benton County Superior Court of child molestation in January 2020
- A 50-year-old citizen of Mexico in Winnie, Texas, convicted by the Chambers County District Attorney’s Office of sexual performance by child in August 2022
- A 49-year-old citizen of Guatemala in Chicago, convicted by the Cook County Circuit Court of predatory criminal sexual assault of a minor in October 2017
- A 49-year-old citizen of Cameroon in Front Royal, Virginia, convicted by the Circuit Court in Prince George County of sexual abuse of a minor in June 2022
- A 44-year-old citizen of Haiti in Queens Village, New York, convicted by the Queens County Supreme Court of rape in the second degree, promoting prostitution in the second degree and promoting prostitution in the third degree in September 2017
- A 42-year-old citizen of Bolivia in Levittown, New York, convicted by the Nassau County Court of first-degree rape in April 2002
- A 36-year-old citizen of Nicaragua in El Monte, California, convicted by the Superior Court in Los Angeles of assault with intent to rape, robbery in the second degree, and rape with force/violence/fear of bodily injury in March 2015
- A 35-year-old citizen of Mexico in Jourdanton, Texas, convicted by the 144th District Court of Bexar County of aggravated sexual assault of child in July 2019
- A 29-year-old citizen of the Democratic Republic of the Congo in Milwaukee, convicted by the Milwaukee County Circuit Court of second-degree sexual assault of a child in March 2022