A fire that broke out at the $6.9 million residence belonging to Miami Dolphins receiver Tyreek Hill was determined to be accidental, caused by a child playing with a cigarette lighter in a bedroom, Davie Fire Marshal Robert Taylor said on Thursday. There were no reported injuries in the blaze.
Describing the fire as unintentional, Taylor did not disclose the child’s age or specify the extent of the damage caused by the blaze. He stated that the investigation into the matter is closed.
At the time of the incident, Hill was attending Dolphins practice for the upcoming regular-season finale against the Buffalo Bills. Upon receiving news of the fire, he left practice to address the situation.
“He and his family are safe,” Hill’s agent, Drew Rosenhaus said. “No one was injured – number one – no pets, so for that, we’re very grateful. We’re very grateful to the firefighters that put the fire out. Thankfully, the fire was contained to a limited area in the home. Obviously, there’ll be some smoke and water damage. It’s very difficult for anybody obviously to have your home catch on fire, but Tyreek was handling it, he and his family, with as much poise as you could hope.”
News by Breaking911