Fred Savage was terminated as executive producer and director of ABC’s “The Wonder Years.” This comes after allegations of inappropriate conduct, said a spokesperson for 20th Television.
When 20th Television made the announcement on Friday, details about the accusations weren’t provided. However, some sources say that verbal outbursts and inappropriate behavior was occurring.
In the ’80s and ’90s, Savage, now 45, starred in the popular original series with Kevin Arnold. Last year, the new version of the show debuted, and Savage was working on the show.
“Recently, we were made aware of allegations of inappropriate conduct by Fred Savage. As is policy, an investigation was launched. Upon its completion, the decision was made to terminate his employment…,” stated the spokesperson.
Savage has been accused of inappropriate conduct before.
In 2018, “The Wonder Years” actress, Alley Mills, stated that the initial series was canceled. This was because of a “completely ridiculous sexual harassment suit” set in motion by a costumer. The suit was against Savage, who was 16 at the time, and Jason Hervey, who was 20. This case was settled out of court.
Later that year, a worker on the set of “The Grinder” said that Savage had attacked and harassed her in 2015. Savage denied the allegations. After an investigation, no wrongdoing was found. However, that case was settled out of court, too.